Fish Feeding

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Do fish know when to stop eating? I ask because im not sure... but seriously, Im thinking of keeping a constant supply of zucchini vegi-cliped to the side of my tank. Two reasons. My female swordtails it going to have babies soon, so I want to make sure she is very happy (and she LOVES zucchini). Also, Im not sure my Otos are finding much algae in the tank, so I want to make sure the dont starve, so they can take a few bites also. Is it ok to just keep replenishing the zucchini after it is eaten (takes the fish 2 days max) or will some just eat and eat until they are fat?

Thanks
 
Do fish know when to stop eating :lol: of course.....when they explode :rolleyes:

I would use enriched algae wafers as well.......I get them on Ebay but all LFS sell them. Veggies are always a good thing but do remember to refresh daily as it decomposes pretty quickly
 
I also feed algae wafers for the Otos, but they become messy. The swordtails break it up and it gets all in my gravel. Then, when sucking it out, I always hit plants and they uproot.
 
I also feed algae wafers for the Otos, but they become messy. The swordtails break it up and it gets all in my gravel. Then, when sucking it out, I always hit plants and they uproot.

That's why I always have sand substrate :hey:
 
well, its too late for that!

Aww, never too late for anything!! I changed my big tank from gravel to sand a while back after setting up my little tank with sand and liking the look
 

Most reactions

Back
Top