Fish Completely Missing!?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I took a peak at my tank...and after a few minutes my little honey gourami was no where to be found :-( ! I figured maybe it was somewhere i could not see. So i put a little food in to see if he would come up.....still nothing. Then I began to freak out...i opened the tank and move all the decor... literary...it pulled a Houdini act :shout: ! Then I searched and searched all around the outside of the tank, behind it, even the lid. I even looked on the floor..and under my bed. No trace what so ever. What could have happened? (and there was no way he could have jumped out the top is sealed. I swear i didn't leave the tank open) :blink:

Hi. You're not the only one this had happened to. I've had fish just disappear. Sorry to say this but the most likely explanation is that it died and was eaten by the other fish!! It's amazing how quickly your other fish will devour a corpse or even part of it then the rest is sucked in to the filter. What other fish do you have?

had this happen...only difference was the fish returned! guess it must of been my bad eyesite! but yes crazychris is right, it wouldnt take the tank mates long to devour the poor guy....

Well, it will not have just vanished, it will have gone somewhere.

Check in the hood, on top of the tubes, behind secured filters, do you have any cats, or other animals that might have gobbled up a fish lying on the floor?

well..the last time i saw it was yesterday morning...then i went to check the tank in the afternoon and it was gone

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back