Fish Compatibility

timbruun

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Alberta, Canada
So I currently have a communtiy tankn setup but found a 90gal tank with stand for a really good deal. Thing is, if i don't take the fish they will need to be euthanized. So I said that I would take them. My original plan was to use the new 90gal and sell my smaller tank with the others and just transfer them over and get more. But now I'm curious if I can just keep them all together. I currently have

2 - Angel Fish
9 - White Cloud Mountain Minnow
2 - Albino Bristlenose Pleco
3 - Blue Ram
5 - Glowlight Tetra
1 - Red Tail Black Shark
2 - Long Fin Albino Bristlenose
6 - Green Corydoras
2 - African Dwarf Frog
6 - Porkchop Rasbora
6 - Neon Diamond Tetra

And the 90 gal tank will come with, not sure of the numbers, said 15 or so total fish. But they are saulosi, yellow labs and 5 or 6 synodontis petricola.
How compatible are the fish and if some aren't who are the problems? I'm aware that the red tail shark isn't the best but he's been really good so far. And I am setup to be overstocked. Lots of filtration and I keep up the water changes.
Thanks in advance.
 
The problem you are going to have to contend with is that the yellow labs and synodontis cats like much more alkaline water than your tetras, angels, and rams. Without knowing the water stats in both tanks, this may not be possible.

If it were me, I would take the fish to a LFS so that it might have a second chance at life, and leave you with a happy healthy tank.
 
Yea, but most fish adapt. And my water from the tap comes from a water conditionner, that doesn't put salt in the water so don't worry, and has a pH of about 8.4 or so. All my fish have been doing really well so far and from what i've heard the ones that come with the 90 gal actually prefer higher ph.

I'm more interested in aggression and if some will eat others from compatibility issues.
 
Your pH changes things. So water wise you could keep those fish. Yellow labs are cichlids, albeit calmer ones, but nevertheless still a cichlid.
 
cichlids are pretty aggressive fish, especially the african ones.
I do not think your other fish which are more peaceful will most likely eat them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top