Fish Compatibility

PrettyDiscus

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
365
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
wales,uk
I have a 40 uk gallon tank. I want to add 2 Discus some cardinals, rummy nosed tetra`s and black phantoms. Would these fish be compatible?
I also want to set up a tank thats 3ftx24x24 so i can keep an angel, platies, guppies, mollies, silver dollars and a plec. would all these fish have the same water needs? I heard that angels eat guppies but if they are introduced before will they still eat them? I also am not sure if there is a tank of the size i wanted above. Do you think they sell these size tanks?
 
My understanding is that discus and silver dollars ideally should be in groups and not kept with active fish. I hope an expert pipes in, but you just really need to research their requirements. A group of discus with a group of silver dollars would be an awesome setup for a tank, that's for sure. But with discus being 8-10" each, I would think you would need alot of room for a school; I'm unsure about the tank size.
 
Im not an expert at all-i've never even had discus, but i think keeping discus with small, peaceful and active tetras like cardinals is ok. I read some magazine a while ago that said they were actually necessary to make the discus feel safe, because all the small fish signifies to the discus think that there are no big predators around :) .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top