Fish Community Opinions

Ajwlive

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey All

I was recently interested in one of the biorb tanks, I chose against it and went for a traditional aquarium. These biorbs do seem to be quite interesting and modern with some good technology, im quite new to the whole fish keeping hobby and just wandered what everyone thinks of these tanks?

Biorb

They seem to have their own built in filters, 24 hour led light to match real life time and light, and some ceramic media to represent sand or gravel, seems all very cool to me and i was really tempted to get one, their must be a flaw to them, what does everyone think?
 
I think technology is going to take the fun out of fish keeping :(
 
Well what ever you decide I recommend a fish less cycle. I was so spectacle about doing it at first, but then I got over the hole waiting thing and just dealt with it and I have never been happier.
 
Hey All

I was recently interested in one of the biorb tanks, I chose against it and went for a traditional aquarium. These biorbs do seem to be quite interesting and modern with some good technology, im quite new to the whole fish keeping hobby and just wandered what everyone thinks of these tanks?

Biorb

They seem to have their own built in filters, 24 hour led light to match real life time and light, and some ceramic media to represent sand or gravel, seems all very cool to me and i was really tempted to get one, their must be a flaw to them, what does everyone think?


biorbs will always limit the amount of fish and even the type of fish u can have simple due 2 surface area i personally would never actually buy 1 and im sure alot of others will feel the same always opt for the equivelent or larger long tank will be much better for the fish and doesnt limit anywhere near as much when it comes 2 stocking :)


jen
 
I don't think I would ever get one as I don't particularly like the shape of the bowl. I prefer traditional aquariums that aren't so curved. Bow front tanks are nice.
 
Yeah with a biorb you're restricted to small freshwater or tropicals. You can't really keep bottom feeders as there's no bottom to speak of, not large enough to keep a school of cory's happy. Might make a nice feature tank for a betta, or a school of nice small to medium sized tetras, but not much else unfortuntely. If you're serious about fishkeeping then a 'traditional' tank is a much better option.
 
Glad I made the right choice, I was thinking everyone would think their amazing, but seems not :)

I went for a tradiotnal rectangle aqaurium, cant to start setting up later this week :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top