Fish Colours - Is It Normal For Them To Get More Colourful?

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Staffordshire
I've had some fish for a week or two and a couple of them have changed slightly since having them - is that normal and down to their conditions (light/food etc)?


One example is: I got two male guppies which were both silver for the main part, one had a yellow tail and the other had a yellow tail with orange tinge to it. The one with the yellow/orange tail has now got a lot more colourful in it's body, it's taken on a more blue colour like the blue guppies body.

I've been feeding them Aquarian Tropical Fish Flakes everyday plus as a treat they have defrosted bloodworm once a week.

Another example is: I got a female platy on Saturday, she is white with black markings and looks pregnant to me, she looks a bit pinker now than she did before

Just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them.
 
I've had some fish for a week or two and a couple of them have changed slightly since having them - is that normal and down to their conditions (light/food etc)?


One example is: I got two male guppies which were both silver for the main part, one had a yellow tail and the other had a yellow tail with orange tinge to it. The one with the yellow/orange tail has now got a lot more colourful in it's body, it's taken on a more blue colour like the blue guppies body.

I've been feeding them Aquarian Tropical Fish Flakes everyday plus as a treat they have defrosted bloodworm once a week.

Another example is: I got a female platy on Saturday, she is white with black markings and looks pregnant to me, she looks a bit pinker now than she did before

Just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them.


perfectley normal, like stated above the fishes color cud have been dull due to the stress of being transported/introduction to new enviornment. Also it cud also have to due with ur lighting and feeding. like stated above brightened coloring is almost always a sighn ur fish is healthy.
 
I've had some fish for a week or two and a couple of them have changed slightly since having them - is that normal and down to their conditions (light/food etc)?


One example is: I got two male guppies which were both silver for the main part, one had a yellow tail and the other had a yellow tail with orange tinge to it. The one with the yellow/orange tail has now got a lot more colourful in it's body, it's taken on a more blue colour like the blue guppies body.

I've been feeding them Aquarian Tropical Fish Flakes everyday plus as a treat they have defrosted bloodworm once a week.

Another example is: I got a female platy on Saturday, she is white with black markings and looks pregnant to me, she looks a bit pinker now than she did before

Just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them.


perfectley normal, like stated above the fishes color cud have been dull due to the stress of being transported/introduction to new enviornment. Also it cud also have to due with ur lighting and feeding. like stated above brightened coloring is almost always a sighn ur fish is healthy.

yep i totally agree when fish are stressed or sick they lose colour, its like an early warning system for us fishkeepers, but if kept in good conditions and they are relaxed they will colour up amazingly from what you saw in the store, take it as your fishes compliment to you on your setup.. also fishes colour can be enhanced by feeding live foods like microworms, bloodworms and also flake foods such as those high in spirinula
 

Most reactions

Back
Top