Fish Choice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

StiX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, i'm lookin into what fish to stock my Rio 300 liter tank (48x20x24") Heres what i've come up with :

MELANOTAENIA BOESMANNI x4
Otocinclus Affinis x5
CLOWN LOACHES x2
ALBINO CORRYS x5
ANCISTRUS SP x1
CLOWN PLECS x1
ANGELFISH x2
LAETACARA DORSIGER - Redbreast Acara x2 M+F
ANOMOLACHROMIS THOMASI - African Butterfly Cichlid x2 M+F
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - German Ram x2 M+F
APISTO. CACATUOIDES SUNBURST - Crested Dwarf Cichlid x? m-f ratio?
Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor - Egyptian Mouthbrooder x? m-f ratio?

Not too sure on how many of the last 2 on the list to get, i may need to leave one of them out?

Are there any obvious problems with this selection ?

Cheers :)

lol, do u not think the list is big enough allready -_- :D :D

always room for a few small inches lol! i know sheesh i saw a lovely great big what u call it! clown loach about 6 inches long( not big u say but the biggest i seen) and some 15inches plus plecs gibbiceps :thumbs: :thumbs:

wow and i was worried about keeping 7-10 fish in my 100 gallon tank isnt there some kind of formula that you can use to determin the amout of fish you can fit in a tank?

scooter said:
wow and i was worried about keeping 7-10 fish in my 100 gallon tank isnt there some kind of formula that you can use to determin the amout of fish you can fit in a tank?
There is, but it only pertains to the desired amount of oxygen for the fish, not conscious of size & physical room required.

The formula i've always used is 10 square inch of surface area per 1 inch of adult fish. This is about the maximum sticking level of a tank, just do length x depth(back to front(in inches)) divide by 10 and this will give u the amount of fish in inches :)

Only one thing I would change..........

Go with a minimum of 6 rainbows. They do way better in larger groups. Also watch the males as they can sometimes get a bit aggressive.

I have several species of rainbows that I breed off and on as they are a great fish and colorful.

CM

I gotta watch the stocking level here....or i'll just get carried away lol

Someone has told me Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor - Egyptian Mouthbrooder can be aggressive, is that true?

Stix... i would also up the number of oto's in your tank.. They prefer a larger shaol and are small any way....

Cockatoo Cichlids - as Agassizi's; 1 male to 2-3 females. I would stick to S.American dwarfs because you don't know how the others will get on together (Africans and s. Americans, will they mix?). Even small cichlids need territories B)

Most reactions

Back