Fish Choice

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
7,580
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Leicestershire U.K
i am in the process of upgrading to a 4ft tank, have the tank just need to get it running.... my current tank stock is listed in my sig (see below) i am going to add a couple more polkadot loaches and 4 more corys but i am looking for something to give the tank a finished look! ie a shoal of fish or a couple of larger fish but am struggling with my choice..... i really like tiger barbs and always have, dony know why just do... would a large number say 10 be ok in my tank with current stock? i want to keep it a friendly tank and know tiger barbs are getter in groups so would this be ok?

amy other suggestions are very welcomed... someone did suggest a group of 6 rainbows but dont know much about them although the turquoise ones look really nice

in my current tank my pH is about 7.9 so would assume the new tank will be around that figure
 
In my experience with tiger barbs even though I am in marines now tiger barbs are no way peacful if you have them you can't have any long finned fish because they will be nipped and if you have too many tiger barbs they will eat each other until no other tiger barb is left happens over a week of course so I would forget them this is my opinion happy tropical fishkeeping :yahoo: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :good: also the rainbow fish are great I used to have 6 of them they look very nice there are red and yellow tailed varieties I had lots of red tailed and 1 yellow tailed by accident
 
Um, I don't know about them eating each other till one is left... I don't think that's usually the way they are. I'm just not sure how they'd deal with the gourami and platties.
 
Gouramis no because those sensors will be nipped off and the platies I think wouldbe okay :fish: :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol: :osama: :osama:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top