Fish Auction

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

a few fry short,four sounds about right to me haha.
keep it up anyways.
i have just brought 3 golden panchax for £7.99 from the lfs
not long started colouring but i should have 2f 1m hoping
they are no and that the "females" dont colour up n turn out males.
regards spike

One new fry today. I suspect that he/she had been hatched for some days now and eluded me because he/she is bigger than the other 4 fry. The six eggs collected on 04-06 I have given up on. They show no signs of development and believed to be bad. However, the 17 I collected on 04-12 look to be coming along nicely. Hoping to have a greater turnover with this batch.

Congratulations with the fry! Did you have the eggs develop in water without peat and without a incubation period?

Yes, as collected they were put in a small plastic cool whip tub with a sprig of java moss and a little hornwort and about 1" of water. Then floated in the parent tank. Eggs started hatching 8 days later I believe. I may try peat with some incubation time in the future in hope the eggs hatch at the same time.

*edited to add as of 04-20* Seven of the seventeen eggs collected on 04-12 hatched this morning. I now have a total of 12 fry in two seperate containers. I also noticed microworms for the first time in my culture. I bombed terribly on the first try, but this one seems to be thriving.

*edited to add as of 4-21* I found 6 more fry this morning. Bringing the total number of fry to 18! Woo Hoo! Sure hope they make it. The original five are getting a little bigger. One little guy looks alot smaller than the rest. I'm debating on wether or not to put him in with the newest fry just because he's more their size.

The link below is to a little video I made this morning while Piggy & Ripple were eating. He is a piggy for real. Don't fret for Ripple. She gets her fill when he's finished. Turn the sound down before watching. The bbs hatchery is loud and going full blast in the background. :p

http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/rippledakillie/?action=view&current=MOV067_Edit.flv

Thought I'd post a little update. Unfortunately I am down to 7 fry. I think I lost a few due to predation. I don't believe I was seperating enough according to size due to space limitations. I also lost one I didn't even know about that was accidentally killed while siphoning the parents tank. :sad: I'm now very careful in case there are any more hiding in there.

I am not picking eggs from the mops because I haven't decided if I want to continue breeding this species. It's not because there not terrific little fish. They are adorable and full of personality but I'm considering concentrating on Nothos. Not 100% sure what I want to do as of yet. Waiting to see if I get a pair in my Nothos. fry.

I have also switched the fry over to frozen, decap. bbs and frozen daphnia. I have to go out of town in a few weeks and there's no way I can get the hubby to mess with the bbs hatchery. They seem to be taking it well and they still get the microworms daily also.

I would love to post some pics but I can't get a good one for the life of me. :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back