Fish Auction In Bradford, W.yorks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

coldcazzie

Ice Queen
Reaction score
Found an advert on Aquarist Classifieds for a fish auction at Bradford Academy on Sunday 8th May starting at 1pm. :good:

Found an advert on Aquarist Classifieds for a fish auction at Bradford Academy on Sunday 8th May starting at 1pm. :good:

These auctions are usualy a good place to buy cheap tanks etc, i have been to one in Huddersfield but sometimes you have to wait ages but it can be worth while, thanks for sharing the info btw. :good:

Well I've never been to one before so I thought I'd go see what it was like :)

Just hope they haven't been doing them there for very long because if they have I'll kick myself - I used to live right next to it! :lol:

Been to loads, They are not common these days, but they are a good place to pick up new stock, as many breeders sell on batches (usually six per bag) of young fish which they have bred.
Or you could even find unusual or surplus breeding stock. A lot of fish auctions are run by aquatic societies, so they are generally a responsible lot - there should be no deseased fish or dodgy equipment. As a rule all electrical equipment should be in working order, sellers are usually asked to place a contact address on electricals as a gesture of good will should anything be faulty.

You are usually allowed to view lots beforehand, make notes of which lot You are interested in & good luck :good:

I will be attending to stock up on some wierd and wonderfull fish, there very cheap and can be good to get accesories such as heaters filters ect :)

Bradford Academy is on Lister Avenue in East Bowling. You can also use the pedestrian entrance on Bowling Hall Road.

I will be on the lookout for some new fishes hopefully :) good point about the poly box! :good:

Tigz and KezKez shall I make myself obvious so we can say hello?

Tigz and KezKez shall I make myself obvious so we can say hello?

Please do, I'll be with my wife and a 6 year old daughter, cant miss me, I'm 6'2" and as skinny as a teenager lol

Cool :) if you have a look at my profile there's a picture of me on there, so if you spot me come say hi :)

Found another advert :)

Bradford Academy, Lister Ave

Fish and equipment auction. Doors open 11am, auction starts 1pm.

Sunday 20th May (this coming Sunday).

You lot are lucky to have such things happening up your way - there's nothing down my end of the country :angry: :angry:
Apart from Portsmouth and Hayling Island all such venues are well north of Watford Gap!!!!

David

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back