Hello everyone. I really need some help please. I have kept fish for 8yrs and now have 2 tanks. The problem is with my 200L + tank, which was running fine. I had 1 discus (3 yrs), 1 cardinal tetra and 2 scissortail(5yrs old), 1bred-finned shark (3yrs) So for my birthday a few days ago i got treated to restocking my tank. We got new plants, 10 bloodfin tetra, 10 cardinal tetra, 12 rummy nose tetra, 4 scissortail and 1 sailfin plecostomus. After getting the fish, i acclimatized all fish for 40-45min. They all seemed very happy and took to feeding straight away. Two days later i woke to find 2 dead cardinals, that afternoon another 2 dead cardinals. I inspected all fish but could find nothing wrong, they all look in perfect health. As i walked passed my tank yesterday afternoon my heart just sank, in the conner was my beautiful discus dead, s/he was in perfect health that morning and eat well. This morning i found a dead cardinal and rummy nose. I am now down to 2 cardinals and 10or11 rummy nose (they swim too fast to be sure), all other fish are fine.
In my tank i have logs, stones and a fine gravel.
Use 2 lights.
TertraAqua AquaSafe for water changes.
Feed: mornings mix of TetraPrima and TetraMin and afternoon is 1 cube of frozen bloodworms, and PlecoWafers for the plecostomus ( i am very careful not to overfeed)
I have two filters running, 1 smaller 1 inside the tank and 1 Penn-Plax Cascade outside the tank.
Water temp is at 27degrees C
Can you pls healp me with any ideas on what could be wrong or if i am doing anything wrong. I cant stand to have any more fish die on me : (
All i can think of is
*stress
*aggressive pleco??
*Pleco has moved the gravel around, so maybe dirt/toxins?
*something wrong with the food, as i just bought TetraMin?
*Some disease that has no symptoms?
In my tank i have logs, stones and a fine gravel.
Use 2 lights.
TertraAqua AquaSafe for water changes.
Feed: mornings mix of TetraPrima and TetraMin and afternoon is 1 cube of frozen bloodworms, and PlecoWafers for the plecostomus ( i am very careful not to overfeed)
I have two filters running, 1 smaller 1 inside the tank and 1 Penn-Plax Cascade outside the tank.
Water temp is at 27degrees C
Can you pls healp me with any ideas on what could be wrong or if i am doing anything wrong. I cant stand to have any more fish die on me : (
All i can think of is
*stress
*aggressive pleco??
*Pleco has moved the gravel around, so maybe dirt/toxins?
*something wrong with the food, as i just bought TetraMin?
*Some disease that has no symptoms?








