Fish and Fire Bellied Toad???

BigLou

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about Fire Bellied Toads. I have one, and I want to put some fish in his tank, but it seems like there is a film on the top of the water. I have no clue what this is, but I figure it's from the FBT, and was just wondering if it would be harmful to the fish. If anybody knows, fill me in, please. Thanks.

I used to keep fire-bellied toads, newts and goldfish together and never had any problems.

fraservet said:
I used to keep fire-bellied toads, newts and goldfish together and never had any problems.
at what temperature? and what kind of newt was it? And to the starter of the thread, don't do it. I think those toads need some land, try and check iif you can. I've always seen them in my lfs with land in their tanks. And how if you want to treat the convict, what if the treatment affects the toad as well?

I have had three black skirted tetras and one white cloud with my fire bellied toad for a good six months. They've all been doing great. I also have a good six snails in there as well. I have a good filter and of course land for Pyro (the toad) and things seem to be going well.

The convicts are now in their own 30 gal long tank with undergravel filtration. They are still babies so look a little small in there, but they'll grow into it.

Most reactions

Back