First Fry...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I've got the fabu excuse of no digicam, though... :lol: And if I keep spending my money on fish and memberships to the IBC, I ain't getting one anytime soon. But I'll try to have the BF bring the work one home this weekend.

Hmmm....my grindels are definitely starting to breed, I've noticed more, but it's taking a while. Wonder if I need to start digging around in the litterbox.... -_- :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Well interestingly enough, two of the fry look like they may be crowntails. I was not expecting that, but apparently one of the parents carries crowntail. Slowly growing.

Well, the final number on this spawn was 4. Not many, but I learned a lot, and the fish I have are lovely. Up until two days ago, I knew two were females (these fish grew the fastest), but I couldn't tell with the other two, the slow growers. Well, one had almost caught up to the girls, but I couldn't tell what he was. The smallest one is still a mystery. Maybe male, I'm thinking.

It was weird with the one I know is a male. He was the most timid of all of them, and when I jarred the last two last week, he was still really pale and boring, and not eating very well.

We had to take an emergency overnight trip, and I had to leave them missing their daily water change and feedings. I overfed them before I left so they would have snackies later that day at least. When we left the male was still pale and boring-looking.

I came home today to a different fish. Full belly, dark coloring, his tail even looks longer and fuller. He is also flaring and strutting to his sis, being a tough guy. :wub: :wub:

In another month or two, I'll be trying for the F2. Very exciting.

Well, two days ago, my cute little male built the biggest bubblenest... :wub:

My babies are growing up... :-( :lol:

Awwww bless him that's so lovely

Must be very satisfying to see them grow from a little egg to a fully fledged bubblenest builder :wub:

Soon, ladies, soon. Due to a family emergency, my bf has taken some time off of work, so until he's back in the swing of things, no camera for me. I'll try to get him to snag it from work in the next couple of weeks, though. :nod:

Most reactions

Back