Fingers Crossed For My 11Year Old Daughter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nic1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm off on holiday for two weeks today, currently in the car to the airport.
Because of the new school rules where you get fined for taking the kids out of school they are at home with my mum, I've left my 11 year old daughter in charge of the fish as she loves them! But this morning I noticed that my little female platy was fuzzy :( and she was quite slow, I did a 50% water change last night but I did it so fast where I just dumped the water in that I think I may of disturbed the substrate too much which probably released nasties and harmed the weakest fish, nothing I could do about it so I added esha exit and told her how to carry on treatment.
Then as I was preparing to go I noticed fry everywhere in the tank, I have floating frogbit so they were hiding, I spent another 10 minuted catching them then giving her the low down on raising them.

I told her not to feed everyday but every three days and feed the fry twice a day... hope the ammonia levels Dont build up and the new platy fry will all be OK when I get back. Talk about chucking my daughter in at the deep end!

Well. Hopefully all will be well! Poor thing, she inherited a mess :)

Ha, yeah she will even love it even more or hate it by the end of it!

Haha, thanks for asking.... Well I got a 'kik' message finally after 3 days saying "chill mum, all the fish including the babies are still alive"
I can enjoy Brazil in peace now :)
I underestimate her sometimes.
BTW, did you draw that fish? Its amazing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back