Finally took the plunge on a new filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julielynn47

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had to do it. I decided on a canister filter for the 55 gallon.

It has not been too long ago that I had to replace the filter system I have. I got the same filter that I had had for years. It is an AquaTech HOB. That is what came with my aquarium years ago and it worked really good. Then about a year ago, maybe not that long, it died. I replaced it with another one just like, and it died in less than a year. I thought it was a fluke, just a bad filter. So I go and get another one, mainly because where my tank sits, that brand just fits between the tank and the wall. So anyway, in less than 2 months, it is already stopped working 3 times. Twice in the last week. I guess they just don't make them like they used too.

So I decided, that since I had to get another one anyway, I might as well get a canister. I am looking forward to being able to put what I want in the canister, layer it the way I want. The HOB is very limited as to what you can put in it. The canister I have on the 75 gallon is so quiet and keeps the water so clear. Of course, it is not cycled yet and so has no fish in it. But it seems to be a really good filter so far.

What canister filter are you going to purchase?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered this one Penn Plax Cascade CCF3UL Canister Filter, 100 Gallon, 265gph

I have one of them on my 75 gallon now and it seems to be really good. And super quiet. Which I love

It might be overkill for the 55, but the flow can be regulated, and I love the fact that I will have space to put whatever I feel necessary in it. The HOB I have now does not have room for much of anything

Awesome - stay with what works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back