Final stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’m looking to finish my stocking , currently in my tabk is 4 electric blue acara 8 Colombian tetra 3 geophagus and a sailfin pleco kept in a 5ft 500l at around 26-27c , my middle swim is full so iv been looking towards the bottom swim rather than the top , I’m pretty adamant that I’m staying South American not looking to mix firstly I was thinking bristlenose pleco , but after some advice I’m not sure they would mix too well with my sailfin pleco then was thinking corys as I’m changing my gravel to sand on the weekend but having 6-10 corys might be too much for the bio load ... I’m struggling to find fish tht fit my requirements that I click with what would you guys suggest?

Hoplosternum catfish :D

I keep hoplosternum punctatum, a smaller hoplo species, they get about 4 inches. Mostly hang at the bottom but sometimes will check out up top. Theyre a corydoras relative.
20200926_000950.jpg

If this is the species you go for if interested, get a group of 3 (you could happily fit a group of 6 in a 5 foot tank!) or more, theyre very social. Very active and outgoing.

Otherwise could do 2-3 of one of the larger hoplo species such as the spotted hoplo or albino spotted hoplo, or brown hoplo

Hoplosternum catfish :D

I keep hoplosternum punctatum, a smaller hoplo species, they get about 4 inches. Mostly hang at the bottom but sometimes will check out up top. Theyre a corydoras relative.
View attachment 120927

If this is the species you go for if interested, get a group of 3 (you could happily fit a group of 6 in a 5 foot tank!) or more, theyre very social. Very active and outgoing.

Otherwise could do 2-3 of one of the larger hoplo species such as the spotted hoplo or albino spotted hoplo, or brown hoplo
I’m not a big fan of hoplo catfish to be honest they have been suggested to me before I just didn’t go instantly wow yeah I want n I’m struggling to find that instant reaction again

I’m not a big fan of hoplo catfish to be honest they have been suggested to me before I just didn’t go instantly wow yeah I want n I’m struggling to find that instant reaction again
True, theyre one of those fish that have a niche popularity. Theyre not flashy or pretty, but dang they make up for that with personality lol

Some other options could be a small group of Raphael catfish, or perhaps a group of the larger corydoras group such as corydoras CW028 or perhaps even Scleromystax Barbatus

Have you ever looked at wood catfish? There are some really cool species in the family some are quite inactive but I used to have some ageneiosus that stayed in the top right corner of the tank when the lights were on and then patrolled the tank at night some of the big ones are a bit predatory but the smaller ones are not

Have you ever looked at wood catfish? There are some really cool species in the family some are quite inactive but I used to have some ageneiosus that stayed in the top right corner of the tank when the lights were on and then patrolled the tank at night some of the big ones are a bit predatory but the smaller ones are not
I hve I really like ninja wood cats just can’t seem to find them locally and really reluctant to buy online as I don’t like the idea of fish being posted

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back