Fin Rot or a Rogue?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

communityfluvalroma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Forum Friends!

I purchased 6 guppies (2 males and 4 females) 3 weeks ago. In the last 24 hours, I have seen the quality of three of the 6 guppies tails worsen. I have attached pictures of 2 out of the 3 guppies. I'm not sure whether this is fin rot or a rogue guppy. These are the only fish in the tank at the moment.

My tank is a 240 litre planted tank. It is recently cycled as of approximately 3 weeks ago. all my plants are still showing visible signs of healthy growth.

Tank parameters are:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10

I carry out weekly 50% water changes. Feeding is a mixture of flake food and frozen mosquito larvae and brine shrimp, with 1 days fast.

Any help/advice will be hugely appreciated.

IMG_7210.jpg
IMG_7213.jpg
IMG_7216.jpg
IMG_7217.jpg

That looks like a fin nipping injury to me. Carry out daily water changes of about 50% for a week or two while the fins heal.

You may be able to find out who the culprit is if you sit in a darkened room with just the tank lights on, or alternatively, sit a few feet away for the tank, and observe.

That looks like a fin nipping injury to me. Carry out daily water changes of about 50% for a week or two while the fins heal.

You may be able to find out who the culprit is if you sit in a darkened room with just the tank lights on, or alternatively, sit a few feet away for the tank, and observe.
Ok, the investigation starts now. Thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back