Fin Rot Interpet Treatment No.8

devilfishy

New Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
TUNBRIDGE WELLS (KENT)
:unsure: hi ppl i would like to know few bits really i have found that my tank has fin rot and a few of my fish have it basicly i have alot of guppies show and normal both genders mickey mouse tail platys about 5 rummy nose tetras x3 neonsx6 corydoras albino x2 and 2more with black white spots on thier bottoms dunno what they are in the corydoria world lol
1x sord tail (female) 4x rock srimp and 5x baby plain shrimp 1x jap fighter 1x bango cat fish and 1x whip tail catfish
they are in a 3ft by 1ft by 18" tank i have 3 orniments and 3 plastic plants and a little bit of java moss fluval 3 filter 300w heater tankis set ant 25oc and my ph level is at 7.2 my no3 is 10 my no2 is 0 my gh is 8 degrees d my kh is 6 degrees d my cl2 is 0 i think i have given you all a clear picture of my set up lol basicly would like to know do i have to use the fin rot daily as i have read the booklet it says nothing on how often to use it so feeling unsure and a little lost so could someone please help me i also only feed fishabout 5 flakes twice a day
 
Has an fish been nipping there fins.
Finrot is mainly caused by bad water quality. Finrot also can be a secondary infection.
I find the interpet anti fungus and finrot med not very good.
Myxazin by waterlife a better med for finrot.
 
HI NO I HAD A HIGH PH MY WATER WAS BIT SHODDY BUT I HAVE SORTED THAT BUT I HAVE THE FIN ROT STUFF HERE AND BEEN USING THAT WELL USED IT ONCE TODAY SO IF I CARRY ON USING THAT AND IT DOESNT WORK ILL GET SOME OF WHAT YOU HAVE SUGGESTED AS I ONLY BROUGHT IT YESTERDAY BUT JUST NEED TO KNOW IF I AM SUPPOSED TO BE USING IT DAILY WEEKLY SO ON
 
Sorry I forgot.
Think its just one dose for seven days.
That long since I used the stuff.
Always follow med instructions carefully.
 
Has an fish been nipping there fins.
Finrot is mainly caused by bad water quality. Finrot also can be a secondary infection.
I find the interpet anti fungus and finrot med not very good.
Myxazin by waterlife a better med for finrot.
hi there me again i took your advice and got the stuff you said about and thanks very much it has done wonders in my tank i am so happy i lost about 15 fish in total but now everything is under control and by the looks of my fish as they seem so much happier and they are feeding and everything again we are on day 3 of treatment i am so happy looks like we are rid of infection yipheeeeeeeeeeeee so a great big HUG being sent to you
 
Glad there on the mend.
Make sure you can see healthy regrowth before you stop the med.
Good Luck.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top