Fin Nippers???

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
Currently my ABF is safe as houses in the tank it's in but i'm thinking of moving it to my 25gallon which has blue rams and i'm considering a few angels aswell. The rest are bottom dwellers, would you consider the angels, rams or platties to put my ABF's fins in danger.

or the other option is to keep it in that tank but I may be moving 1inch long convict fry in there....

check out my profile for my stocking, I'm not too sure where he's going to do best, it's one of my favourite fish so i'm not getting rid!!

i think it would be fine in the 25 gal. is this uk gallons or us? it says that your tank is 36 in? or cm? i dont think that the african butterfly would bother any fish in there. if you put it in with platys, there might be a chance of them getting eaten or something

ABFs can pretty much stand up for themselves, my poor little senegal bichirs had to find out the hard way, the marks just went away last week :p

definately 30 inch!! i would no way put 1 of these dudes in a 1ft tank :no:

lol poor birchir!! I guess i'll chuck the convicts in there today or tomorrow.

They were ok, didn't mean to make it sound that bad :p They have tough scales (bichirs and ABFs) so the most damage done was a few white lines :)
The minimum tank needed for an ABF is a standard us 10 gallon :)

all the same a smallish abf against a large ell like birchir...who do you think would win!! :lol:

I have a Uk 10 gallon and after having it in my 22gallon seeing how fast they can move I personally wouldn't put 1 in a 10 gallon.

Most reactions

Back