Filtration Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
just about had enough of the enormous filter block thing in my juwel tank I want to take it out and use a different kind of filter, which brings me to my question.
I want to use a couple of H.O.B filters but will that be sufficient enough, i was worried there would not be enough flow through the tank being as the juwel lido is quite a tall tank (well compared to the other tanks I've had anyway) do you think its a good idea ?

not really a fan of the juwel built in filters anymore, i don't like how the flow cant be adjusted either!

Hmm, what about an external fitter that you can hide in cabinet.

I too, had a Fluval internal filter, a U2, it was ok, did its job and had 3 different flow outputs.
But like you, did not particularly care for its bulky look and taking up space inside the tank. But was not totally offended by it, I still have it but as a spare just in case. I now use an external filter, brilliant! Great flow, easy to maintain and filtration much better IMO.

HOB are ok, am not a big fan if those unless used for a small fry tank or hospital tank then these are perfectly fine. Just my opinion really.

Am assuming your tank is 120 litres? An external filter like a Fluval 205 or 206 dependant on your budget will do the job for you. :)

ahh I've had the fluval u2 on a previous tank
i used to have a hagen aquaclear HOB filter also which i quite liked, i have been thinking about an external too :) yes it is 120 litres i will check it out i don't really know much about externals so i never knew what to go for but i'll take a look thank you :)

Hang on back filters I also highly recommend the AquaClear.   They have some pretty large units that will certainly get the job done, and the media is very very easy to get to.   I have heard eheim makes some pretty good canisters, although have no experience with them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back