Filtration Problems

holidayinn

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
709
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
I have had a fluval 304 for about 4/5 years now. This weekend the gauge which decreases/increases water broke and started to leak a lot of water. I couldn’t find a way of repairing this filter so I have basically had to write it off. I had an old version of the fluval4 internal filter which came with the tank originally and I have put this into the tank on Saturday. The tank is 4 foot long and contains 5 danios, 5 platys, 8 neon tetras and a rainbow fish….with all water parameters ok e.g. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate

Is there any measures I should take over the next few days/weeks in order to help the new bacteria coloniose? I am planning to check the water paramters everyday and do water changes accordingly

Also, I would like to get another external filter, preferably at an inexpensive price…any recommendations?
 
You should be ok assuming you transferred at least some of your filter media to your fluval 4. If not, maybe try Bactinettes?

Eheims and Tetratecs seem to be what most people go for.

Paul.
 
I love my eheim 2215 for my 65 gallon... simple and the filter media in the long run is actually cheaper then buying filter cartarages.. for aquaclears and that...
 
Thanks Pauly

I did add some of the filter media from the old filter, but not really much space to put it in the fluval4 (there is a small tube that runs down the middle, used that)...my tanks measures 48*12*18 inches..this is approx just under 200 litres.

I have had a look around and like the look of the Eheim 2213 which is meant to be capable of 250 litre volume capacity. When i purchase this do i just run the two filters side-by-side for a while?
 
yea... or u can take the old media and put it in the new filter...
 
thx goosej13, i think i will def be purchasing an eheim 2213 or 2215, ill make sure, but i think the 2213 will be suitable...for a 170 litre tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top