filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

slt

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i put a post up the other day about my cory getting trapped behind the filter, anyway the filter has since packed up all together it is a interept
ipf 4 i had 2 in my 55g tank, the other is still working but not enough
filteration for the tank, i managed to get a sponge filter from a friends
tank wich has been in her tank a while , but i now want to replace
the remaining filter because seem to be having probs, wanted to hear
peeps ideas and experiance regarding wich filter i would be best using

:thumbs:

External gives you more space inside the tank and is also aparently better, I have internal though and its fine. An external should be easier to clean too :)

thanks all, yes i think that i would be better of with the external filter
am going to price them up tomorow, i can't risk loseing my fish through
bad filters,

i went into my lfs the expensive one they have a ehiem model same capacity as my attman, same thing as die form the self priming thingie it has and the name change yet it was over £140 dearer than mine!

:) slt, fluval externals are reasonably priced, go for the 03 series as the 04s gave some problems. Ehiems are the biz but expensive, I think the attmans are similar but lots cheaper as cryosi says. The choice is yours :thumbs: Mac.

yes i was told that ehimes filters were the best so i do'nt mind paying that bit more ,because you can't make do on the filters,

I am getting an external to go with my internal - use the latter as a polisher (as tony @ my lfs said). Fluvel I think.

Hi Slt,

Good to see someone else has the Interpet 4 filter I have 2 in my tank and both seem to work fine.

How long have you had these filters and is the anyway you can replace the parts which are broken or worn?

Please let me and the other members know which filter you decide on.

don't think there 12 months old yet, i've had them apart and cleaned
it, i think the motor has gone, the other ones working fine, they have
a2yr guarante, so i'll get in touch with the company,but i'm changing
to another filter , external i think, typical its always me who gets the
duff one in a pack lol :lol:

so u found any new filters yet! or u still looking?

going to lfs tomorow did'nt get chance yesterday to many visitors,

oh rite well let us know what u find out! i have to get a small filter for me 2ft tank, not sure if i can get an external to go that small?

:D
As a relative newbie to aquariums, I have a filtration question. Is there a downside to too much filtration? I currently have the Fluval 303 in a 35 gallon, 2+ foot tank, as well as an internal (small pump)with air line for extra oxygen. Fish are all doing great, probably have 20 assorted tetras in there.
My real experience is with outdoor ponds and goldfish where the answer is always...more filtration is better. TIA
Pam

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back