Filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

moggy

Reaction score
hi i have a jewel rio 125 tank set up with a pennplax internal filter the original juwel filter & powerhead is'nt in tank (bought tank secondhand) will it be ok to put back the juwel filter and powerhead whilst using the pennplaxx internal filter ? ie i do'nt want new tank syndrome ,eventually will take out the pennplaxx internal filter would this be ok ? thanks for any info

hi i have a jewel rio 125 tank set up with a pennplax internal filter the original juwel filter & powerhead is'nt in tank (bought tank secondhand) will it be ok to put back the juwel filter and powerhead whilst using the pennplaxx internal filter ? ie i do'nt want new tank syndrome ,eventually will take out the pennplaxx internal filter would this be ok ? thanks for any info
Shouldn't be a prolem. Assuming that the pennplax is 'mature' just run the Juwel filter alongside it for a few weeks then remove the pennplax. You need to give the Juwel time to catch up. The only word of warning would be not to add more fish straight after you remove the pennplax. For a short while the Juwel will only be 'half' as efficient 'cause it was sharing the load with another filter. So give it a week or two after the other filter has been removed before you add any new stock.
Hope this makes sense!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back