Filter Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
morning all.

so i was wondering what`s the minimum size filter i could buy? i have a 330 litre tank running an xp3, but i want to run another filter alongside it, worried about over stocking after rescuing a few fish at the weekend,(4 rainbow kribs and a bn ) i dont want to have to get anything to expensive if i dont have to, would a smaller filter be ok? ie something for a 200 litre one?

cheers
riffraff

Although I would say, if you can afford it, buy the JBL e900, if you can't the review in the latest practical fish keeping of this filter is rather appealing!

here

thanks nurglespuss.
just woken up and checked the replies, looks like your the only one :unsure: so thats the winner lol

cheers
riffraff

Use the 15% discount code of JAN-12 if you do go for the APS.

#28### :S too late

oh well never mind, i`ll report back when all up and running

riffraff

evening..
oops nurglespuss i sorta misread your original reply and ordered the aps one :blush:

anyway i`m on nights this week, and was today awoken by the ups man hammering on the door, the filter had arrived (free next day delivery) got up signed for it , dumped it in hallway and back to bed, this evening had a quick look, decided to get it ready for tommorow, and ended up having it all done and up and running in 45 minutes, cool.

first impressions...its very big!! easy to install, all media with it, bit flimsy on 2 of the catches, and very quiet.

i`m off to work now, cant wait to see the results in the morning, so thanks again nurglespuss, wasnt the jbl but still thanks to you looks like i`ve got a very good filter.

cheers
riffraff

No worries Riffraff :)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad its working out!

Yes, sounds like a gentle touch is needed with those catches ;p

Any chance of a pic when its all settled? Cheers!

Any chance of a pic when its all settled? Cheers!

heres the beast, had to put my xp3 on a shelf, bit crap as its not hidden away anymore :unsure:

riffraff

heres one of the reasons i had to get another filter, rescued but not sure excactly what type he is??

riffraff

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 24

Most reactions

Back