Hi,
I would appreciate some advice on a couple of problems I have at the moment.
Tank is 30"x15"x12"
Filter: Tetratec BF 400/600 plus
It has been set up for a couple of yrs
Current fish stock: 2x white cloud minnows, 1x silver black tip chark, 3x harlequin tetra's
Large piece of bogwood, some barnacle pieces and one plastic plant. No live plants currently.
Recently lost 6 fish (2x Corry 4X neon Tetra's - having spoken to a guy who appears quite knowledgable at the aquarium centre he suggested that my Ph could be unstable, apparently quite common in this area due to the soft water. I tested the Kh and it is low so am starting to build this up slowly, testing each day and adding required dose etc.
Have tested the Nitrite, Ammonia both 0, Ph is now 7.6 which is the highest end of the range for this testing kit.
Question 1: Should I get a wider ranging test kit for the Ph to obtain more accurate result?
Question 2: Once my Kh is high enough to create a buffer should I reduce the Ph of my water to 7.0?
Question 3: My water filter keeps producing bubbles which I know can have an effect on filtration, I have cleaned out the various parts fo the fileter including the impeller - any ideas (apart form getting a new one)?
Jo
I would appreciate some advice on a couple of problems I have at the moment.
Tank is 30"x15"x12"
Filter: Tetratec BF 400/600 plus
It has been set up for a couple of yrs
Current fish stock: 2x white cloud minnows, 1x silver black tip chark, 3x harlequin tetra's
Large piece of bogwood, some barnacle pieces and one plastic plant. No live plants currently.
Recently lost 6 fish (2x Corry 4X neon Tetra's - having spoken to a guy who appears quite knowledgable at the aquarium centre he suggested that my Ph could be unstable, apparently quite common in this area due to the soft water. I tested the Kh and it is low so am starting to build this up slowly, testing each day and adding required dose etc.
Have tested the Nitrite, Ammonia both 0, Ph is now 7.6 which is the highest end of the range for this testing kit.
Question 1: Should I get a wider ranging test kit for the Ph to obtain more accurate result?
Question 2: Once my Kh is high enough to create a buffer should I reduce the Ph of my water to 7.0?
Question 3: My water filter keeps producing bubbles which I know can have an effect on filtration, I have cleaned out the various parts fo the fileter including the impeller - any ideas (apart form getting a new one)?
Jo

/www.zooplus.co.uk/bilder/tetratec/i...00/4660_n_1.jpg







