Filter Media?

SchottayB

Mr. Terrorcore!
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Say I have a 60L fully cyceld tank, can I add a peice of new media sponge into my tank so when I get another tank say 5 months down the line, I can use that sponge in the new tanks new filter so it's "part cycled" if you like?


If so how would you do this?


Hope you understand, thanks :)
 
No one get what I meen? Or is everyone unsure lol.



Taking some foam out my cycled tank and adding it into a "un-cycleed tank" this would only speed up the cycle or be ok to add fish near enough straight away?


Then replace the foam i've taken out with new foam - this wouldnt harm my tank would it? It wouldn't be "un-cycled" as such?



Thanks :)
 
you are correct in your thoughts

If you get a new tank remove no more than 1/3rd of your existing filter media and replace with new media

if you know you are getting a new tank you could also squeeze some extra filter media in there in teh filter housing

you can also seed a tank using some gravel as well as some water from a water change should also assist

you could in theory add fish within 24hrs but this is my humble opinion
 

Most reactions

Back
Top