Filter Media/water Not Clear

Bigd5482

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So I have a 29 gal tank a stocking list as follows :

5 guppies
pair of Kribs
6 harlquin rasboras
6 peppered cory's
1 rubbernose pleco

Filter is Elite 35 HOB

Question about filter is should I add any other type of filter media to it right now it has what it came with and the tank is cycled reason for asking this is what leads into my next question about the water. The filter has the clip with the 2 black sponges in it and the main cartridge that slides in behind it.

Water question I got a pic below but don't know if it really shows it or not. The water is not clear anymore and really doesn't look like a yellowish brownish tin that tannins would do. Almost looks like dust particles floating through the water in the center which I don't know is from the filter or air stone blowing debris up from the gravel. I would do a WC which will clear it up pretty good but then few days later back to what it was. I feed them twice a day the two kribs get a few sinking cichlid pellets that they normally eat before they hit the bottom, flake food goes in twice a day and then normally 1 wafer for the corys/pleco if they've eaten the other from the day before. I also feed bloodworms as the second meal for the day 3 times a week. Any ideas what could be causing this also why i posted the question about the filter media?

p6040055.jpg


Better pic :

p6040074ele.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top