fatheadminnow
Fish Aficionado
What ever the controversial may be; what ever is in the filter is going to have some sort of bacteria growth. Whether it is significant or not, that will most likely be determind by other factors within your filter/tank, and how much time a certian media is left within a filter.
I just wanted to know if there was any benefical bacteia growth on filter floss, even if it was trace amounts, that way I could rinse it off, or if I wanted to, throw it away.
Thanks for letting me know that benefical bacteria do grow on filter floss, and that filter floss would be a good mature filter media to put into a new filter and tank to speed up the cycling process.
-FHM
I just wanted to know if there was any benefical bacteia growth on filter floss, even if it was trace amounts, that way I could rinse it off, or if I wanted to, throw it away.
Thanks for letting me know that benefical bacteria do grow on filter floss, and that filter floss would be a good mature filter media to put into a new filter and tank to speed up the cycling process.
-FHM







