Fill My Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LeahMay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You lovely people have the wonderful task of filling my tank!!!

I have a 6ft tank which holds 640L, that's about 170US gal...

Seriously just want to know what you would personally do with a tank this size stocking wise, as many ideas as possible would help me to make my own mind up hopefully. Just need a kick start and some inspiration!

So, whatcha waiting for? Get stocking!
yay.gif

innocent.gif

thanks.gif

massive school of small fish, neons or even micofish like chillis, is what id do

YUP!

40 ember tetras
20 panda cories
20 dwarf hatchetfish
2 BNs
4-6 apistogramma - your choice of species.

No offense but BNs are hideous in my op. I'd go for 45 cardinal tetras 2 gold nugget plecos 6 discus and 4 German blue ram. That should get you started :)

id get a shoal of discus at least 10, and then some shoals of smaller fish like cardinals or rummy nose.
thats what id like to do, would love to have discus :)

I find large schools of smaller fish great too! My tank is 110 gallons, and i have it stocked with lots of barbs and corys :) Thats a great size tank for a lot of small fish. Keep us posted with what you decide to do :) I always love to hear what other people are doing with their tanks!

Noahsfish said:
No offense but BNs are hideous in my op. I'd go for 45 cardinal tetras 2 gold nugget plecos 6 discus and 4 German blue ram. That should get you started
smile.png

My wife calls mine "Big ugly"!  But, she means it in a nice way... I think. 
unsure.png
   Honestly, the gold nuggets you suggest are amazing looking, but much harder to find, IME.  Gold nuggets also aren't quite the best algae eaters... My BN has kept my 55 spotless for nearly two years now.  He's reclusive, but you know he's been around.  

To each their own though...

I guess it's just because I'm not a huge fan of plecos in general, at least ones that aren't striped or polka-dotted XD

Nothing wrong with that.  That's why they make vanilla, chocolate and rocky road ice cream! 

mmmmmm ice cream. Dammit, its 3am and im looking for ice cream!!!

These are some awesome idea's guys, keep um coming!
I have started a thread with the whole tank process so will try keep both updated stock wise! Gotta get a big shoal in there somewhere at the least ;)
THANKS! 

If you haven't decided on a shoaling fish yet, consider harlequin rasboras. One of the most underrated schooling fish, they would look amazing with a school of 25+, an army of black triangles!

If I had a tank that large, I'd do either of the following:

1. Lots of rams, lots of cherry barbs
2. A large school of tiger barbs
3. Blood parrot cichlids
4. Harlequin rasboras, 20 albino Cory cats, angelfish
5. A snake (not a fish, but whatevs)
6. Rainbow shark and maybe a few other things
7. A variety of tetra schools like serpae, lemon, etc, with a small group of smaller plecos (maybe an albino bristlenose)
8. A trip to lake Malawi

I'm not sure if everything I've mentioned will work in the tank, but what I'm saying is there are endless options. Also, one can deduce that I am quite fond of albino fish. I think a tiger barb tank would look especially impressive because they school so tightly, but plenty of rasboras do as well.

Its not mine, but it illustrates the behavior I was discussing with Leah in chat.

Its a shame the background is so lacking... and there aren't more plants.  A dark background and a few more plants and it would be more impressive.  :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back