Figure 8 Puffers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Matty P

Professor Cowfish
Reaction score
In a 20G tank how many F8 puffers would be best? Would it mind being on its own or do they prefer being with a couple of buddies?

Cheers :good:

I have 2 in a 65 litre cube, which is massivly over filtered. Most would say one for that tank, but i think if your maintenance is spot on and its massively overfiltered you should be fine with 2, once they get fully grown you could then get a larger tank.

If you get one just now, its unlikely you will be able to add another later as easily as adding 2 at once.

I think I'll probably jst go for one then, how about a couple of BB gobies?

EDIT: My turnover is about 6.4x/per hour.

:good:

Another thing was can anyone find any links on how to convert FW to BW - by allowing the bacteria to adapt. Or would it be just as quick to start al over?

:good:

EDIT button is there for a reason ;)

You can go from fresh to brakish of about 1.005 in a day via the drip method. Bascially drip Brackish water into the fresh slowly through the day and it should be fine. Any Higher you will kill the bacteria though.

EDIT button is there for a reason ;)

You can go from fresh to brakish of about 1.005 in a day via the drip method. Bascially drip Brackish water into the fresh slowly through the day and it should be fine. Any Higher you will kill the bacteria though.

OK cheers, thats great :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back