Fighting MTS

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fray

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Who has tips for fighting multiple tank syndrome??
I have three tanks, a 180l, an 87l and a smaller shrimp only tank.
I'm really trying to fight the urge to get a 65l for my pgymy corys that are currently in qt. Also would like to rescue a betta from lfs to add later - thoughts on that??
So many times I've decided, no, not going to do that. Then I find myself cruising the net for lights and secondhand tanks.
I'm afraid of ending up not a crazy cat lady, but a crazy fish lady.

There is no fighting MTS. Allow it to happen.

Serious about rescuing a betta : That is not rescuing a betta, that is buying a betta and let the LFS order a new one to replace it and wait for the next client to buy that one.

The only way to rescue bettas is to not buy them for that reason. It is the wrong way of marketing.

MTS has no cure

Once the bug has bitten, there is absolutely no controlling it

Your bank account will be eaten alive

You will have endless sleepless nights laying in bed thinking which piece of furniture can be moved....and endless questions "do I really need that sofa, I could put an aquarium there instead couldn't I?"

You live with that tape measure permanently affixed to your hand...."can I move this....how much room does it give me.....can I squeeze another aquarium in there?"

;)

There is no fighting MTS. Allow it to happen.

Serious about rescuing a betta : That is not rescuing a betta, that is buying a betta and let the LFS order a new one to replace it and wait for the next client to buy that one.

The only way to rescue bettas is to not buy them for that reason. It is the wrong way of marketing.
True on both counts.
I will buy a betta to give it a good home.

MTS has no cure

Once the bug has bitten, there is absolutely no controlling it

Your bank account will be eaten alive

You will have endless sleepless nights laying in bed thinking which piece of furniture can be moved....and endless questions "do I really need that sofa, I could put an aquarium there instead couldn't I?"

You live with that tape measure permanently affixed to your hand...."can I move this....how much room does it give me.....can I squeeze another aquarium in there?"

;)
Ha, already sleepless nights wondering.... if that fish is ok, does that tank need more plants, can I afford that new light???
And when finally asleep, only to dream of it all.
It's unrelenting!

Ha, already sleepless nights wondering.... if that fish is ok, does that tank need more plants, can I afford that new light???
And when finally asleep, only to dream of it all.
It's unrelenting!
Sad to say you are experiencing the early symptoms of MTS...

There is no hope of recovery....it only gets worse from here onwards.... ;)

So glad to see I am not alone, I dream about fishes, fishtanks, zoos and plans for my tanks, which sadly not always turn as nice as the dreams do.
I also sort of promised that the new bigger tank, which is replacing my middle tank, will actually replace it, but the tank is needed as a quarantine now, which is fine, and even as unpleasant as is now, it would be a great place for a trio of african dwarf frogs. Which would however, make it a fourth tank, and two jars of plants and a vase,...
Yup a sickness, that is what it is.

Weirdly I’ve found that MTS can be it’s own cure. One day you’ll wake up with 7 massive tanks and suddenly think why the heck am I doing all of these water changes? When you get it that point, you’ll start thinking one or two tanks is more than enough.

Changes in life are usually the only thing to break MTS, university, getting married, having kids, having kids leave home, retiring. The other cause is the realization how much it is all costing you.

Most reactions

trending

Back