Female Fighter

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ozric

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have got two female fighting fish one purple and one green. I have noticed that both of them have this brillent white line running down the length of their bodys then minutes later its gone and they are all one colour again and with no line. Does any one else have the same thing happen with their female fighters as im new to keeping fighters im not really sure. If you do could you tell me why this might happen. Thanks for any advice you can give me on this.

ozric :dunno:

The horizontal streak means the fish is in distress - either by too much movement outside the bowl, or fear.

Thanks for your reply so quickly

I have my two females in a 63 litre tank with plenty of places to hide. My tank also consists of :

2 Zebra Danios did have three one died

2 gouramis 1 male 1 female

4 male guppys

3 female guppys

2 albino catfish

4 neon tetras

Is this all ok to make a good home for a fighter? If so are there any other reasons why they might be distressed as water chemistry is good. The only thing going on outside the tank is me watching them.

when i saw my female betta at the store, she was kinda a brownish color with bright red fins, but when i got her home her fins seemed to have drained all the color out and were almost transluscent. a while later the color came back and now comes and goes.

the zepras and the neons would like to have more of them
whit albino cat fish do u mean corydoras or ancistrus or what. ancistrus come too big for your aguarium and the corydoras would like some company
what kind of guramis are they? most of them come too big for your aguarium. and reguire 1 male to 2-3 females
you shold have 1 guppy male for 2-3 females

u dont have room for more fish though :(

Both gouramis are dwarf and the catfish are corydoras. Didnt know how many male guppies per females will they still be ok do you think?

well i got 2 males and 4 females from my fish store but soon after thet i had the opertunity to buy wild maleguppies and ofcourse i did so now i have 1female for 4 males but they don't seem to mind.

Most reactions

Back