Female Endler Or Guppy Hybrid?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Loui354

Reaction score
Opinions please!

Female endler or guppy hybrid? I have quite a few endlers and this is the only female that I have a slight concern about as it has slight colouring on tail.

Thanks

female endler.jpg

That female is a guppy or hybrid.

Really difficult to see, but I have many female guppies with colored tails, as well as color on their dorsal fins. Sorry, but don't know about endlers.
lookaround.gif

Thanks
If I am correct, female endlers should be a uniform grey/silver and have no other colourings on them. This one however looks a bit different.

John Endler gave a talk for my local aquarists society recently (well, last year!) and he said that he believes that all the fish sold in the trade as Endler's are hybrids now.

Yes, I agree. I believe it is very difficult to confidently distinguish the two. From my point of view I just love my male endlers to look as much like the original wild-type as possible. I think they are just beautiful fish, very hardy and confident little chaps.

Thats a guppy or at least a cross 100%

I also agree that 99.99% of all endlers sold are crosses

If I am correct, female endlers should be a uniform grey/silver and have no other colourings on them. This one however looks a bit different.
There is one other alternative, in some very rare cases, a female endler can have a single, round, dark spot on her body. I can't remember where exactly on the body it is, but I am sure you can find out :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back