Female Dwarf Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tomtomtom1230

Fishaholic
Reaction score
She has a red bit on one side of her mouth. It looks inflamed and very sore. Could be due to an injury, she has been squabbling with the other female recently. She also has a circular white-grey blemish on her anal fin (that isn't present on the other female). This incident is isolated since all the other fish look fine. She's also feeding normally and exhibiting normal behavior for now.

Should I isolate her and treat with Melafix, isolate and treat with an anti-fungal or leave her to it for now? As I said, this is a only-one-fish-affected incident so far. Not had any major problems in this tank yet, I hope this isn't the start of one... :(

EDIT:

Water stats are...

Ammonia 0.
Nitrite 0.
Nitrate around 20 (not sure what tap water is but this isn't a dangerous reading as I understand it).

pH unreadable without a high range kit to be sure. Reads at 7.6 on a normal test but could be higher since I haven't confirmed this with a high range test.
Temperature at a steady 24.5 degrees Celsius.

Hardness etc unknown.

I dose Seachem trace elements, Excel and Iron, Phosphorous and Potassium every week using the EI method. Nothing else enters the water if I can help it. Natural light enters the tank of an afternoon but it's not direct sunlight.

my gourami has a zit like spot on the side of his/her mouth :( dont know what it is ..

Most reactions

trending

Back