female betta in a community tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

newfishies

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey all
i am a newbie who bought a pretty red female betta for my 10 gal tank (see the population below). i had 2 other female swordtails in there and they died in the last few days. i haven't seen the betta go after the other fish, but i am worried that she might have had something to do with them dying. does anyone have advice on keeping her there or removing her from the tank?
thanks!
p.s. i love looking at all the different pictures posted. i had no idea there were so many variations on bettas

it sounds like she'll b fine, she shouldn't bother the corys at all. she shouldn't bother the swordtails either but if she does seem aggressive and the fins on ur swords starte dissapearing then theres a problem. female bettas like to establish a territory and a pecking order and some fish just dont get that so they get nipped. guppys and other fish with bright fins will be an issue but not ur swords, i dont know what happend to ur 2 fish but i dont think it ahs anything to do with ur female bettas aggression.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back