Feeding!?!?!

H20-Cam

Reaction score
I was just wondering how to estimate how many TetraMin flakes you should put into your tank. Does it get evenly distributed? How do you know if ur fish have eaten or not? My fish are listed below. Can someone plz helP? :hyper: its much appreciated :D

I would just grab a small pinchful and drop it in. My filters usually toss the food around and, at least with cichlids, they learn where the flow is and go directly there and wait for it to come to them if they aren't the dominates in the tank.

I wouldn't worry too much about a fish not getting anything. If he misses a few meals he'll get more aggressive at the next feeding. It usually works itself out over time.

If you feel a fish isn't getting any food, keep an eye out and watch him while they eat.

Make sure to drop some zuchinni, cucumber or spirulina tabs after you turn the lights out for the plecostomus. :)

Hey thanks for the advice... it looks like my algae eater has enough algae in the tank to eat (its a very very small algae eater). Should i still put a cucumber in it or something? :huh:

H20-Cam said:
Hey thanks for the advice... it looks like my algae eater has enough algae in the tank to eat (its a very very small algae eater). Should i still put a cucumber in it or something? :huh:
Sure, I would. All fish like variety.

You can just cut a slice of cuke about a quarter inch thick (leave the rind on) and when you turn the lights out throw it in there. Then the next morning you should wake to nothing but the rind and you can just take it out. :)

It's a nice idea to use a veggie clip (little plastic clip on a suction cup) or wedge the cucumber/zucchini/leafy green of your choice under a rock. That way, it is down on the algae eater's level. I find my pleco really thrashes around in the tank if his veggies become loose and are floating.

Most reactions

Back