Feeding Problems

methodmza_uk

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire, England
Hi all, I have been having problems lately getting my fish to eat the food. For the first 3 months or so the fish would go crazy and eat all the food in 2minutes twice a day. Give them bloodworm etc... now and then as a treat.
Over the past 2 weeks when I open the lid and pop the food in they dont even come out and touch it, apart from my guppies who are as lively as ever.
The ones that are not feeding are Neon Tetras, Black Widow Tetras and my 2 Corys dont move much anymore. One of them has gone quite fat.

Could they be gettin gbored of the food?
or
Can anyone help or give me some advice on whats happening to them??
 
What is it you feed them generally?

How often do you give them the bloodworm? And when you give them the bloodworm is there interst in food renewed?

Also, do you stick catfish pellets, or something similar, in for your corys?

Also, what size tank do you have them in?
 
The chances are:

You are feeding too much
They are bored of their food (i.e. variety is not enough).
 
I am feeding them flakes. The same ones for ages now. Was thinking about changing them but never did.
I feed them twice a day. When I give them bloodworm they become more active when they realise what it is.

I also feed my corys catfish pallets.

Maybe they have become bored of the food then??!!

Any ideas about my corys, why they just sit there most of the time?? Like i say 1 of them is a bit fat now.

Thanks a lot guys
 
Sounds like too much and too little (no) variety. Corys just "sitting" there doing nothing much else - sound like the are just "waiting" for their food to arrive. I have about 6 different foods I rotate or feed a mix of (as I feel like!). Large flakes, small flakes, pellets, crips, granules, wafers and tablets + frozen foods, live foods and vegetables.

I suggest you try feeding once a day and buy a couple more different types of food (or brands) and feed some vegetables now and again too. But only small amounts and remove any uneaten veg floating around after a few hours.

Remember it might take some time to get used to new food.
 
thats odd, fish usually dive at the chance of any food. I feed once a day and not very much.

Is the water quality good? They may be put off from dirty water.
 
Ok will do when I finish work. Thanks a lot for the advice. Need to do a water change today. So will do that and try some new food tonight. Any ideas on what sort of veg my fish would like. Any experiences with certain types of veg with tetras and guppies???

I notice you are from the UK bloozoo2
What types of flakes do you use?
 
These ones :) :


110-762725-00.jpg
tet_procol.jpg
tet_proveg.jpg
727991G.JPG
110-700588-00.jpg

80134716_lg.jpg
80134721_lg.jpg
05_011.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top