Feeding/light Question

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Right now, I wake up at 6:45 and feed my fish at 7:10 about 10min after turning light on. Then I leave for school and come back at 4, light feed, and turn light off at 10 after feeding at like 9. Im having algae issues and I think its due to my light being on too long. 14hrs. But, I have no idea how to go about this. I reallllllly dont want to turn the light off at 6 (11hrs is better), because this is when I can actually watch them. I would prefer to have to light go on at 11 and off at 10. This way I can actually watch them when Im home. However, like I said, Im gone at 7:15 and not home until 4. How could I feed them in the morning. Will they eat in the dark. I mean really they barely eat in the morning at all, but I don't think they should have to wait until 4.

What should I do? I think putting a timer for 11Am-10Pm would be good, but feeding would be messed up. Can I toss a little food in the tank with the light out? I can open my window before I leave to let a tiny bit of light into the tank.

Thanks
 
You really don't need to feed 3 times a day. I'd cut back to nce a day and skipping a day sometime in the week. This will help with the algae problem most likely. The less the food, the less nutrients for the algae to feed on.
 
ok, so maybe a really small feeding when i get home, and real feeding at 9. I decided to go with 10:30-9:30 for on/off. Thanks
 

Most reactions

Back
Top