Feeding Frozen Foods

sianuk

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
High Wycombe
Hi,
Whats the best way to feed frozen cubed food ,do you guys defrost it first or just chuck it in frozen and let the fish get on with it ?

thanx Ian
 
I always defrost mine, how would you like your sunday roast served up in an ice cube! :thumbs:
 
i defrost it first in a cup of tank water before pouring it in. that way, every fish gets a chance to eat some of it.
 
i only thaw out my krill.my other frozen foods thaw out pretty quick in the tank water.
 
I thaw, as i am always concerned that they might somehow affect the temperature too much, regardless of how small they may be :P
 
I put the cubes in frozen because they start to thaw straight away but if i'm feeding small amounts into smaller tanks i have to thaw into a cup and use a pipette to administer smaller amounts. I used to have up to 17 bettas at a time, each being given 3-4 worms from one cube each bless em.
 
I simply place the cube in a net, and then run the tap over it, eventually it melts.
 
I fill a cup with tap water, wait until they are mostly defrosted, then rinse with ro water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top