Favourite Books

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dickens.....hard to get into. Dostoevsky and Tolstoy - just as hard but even more morbid if possible.

Nil point for the Brontes and as for Ann Rice, yes to the earlier chronicles but not so much for Memnoch, which I am attempting to read now. It doesn't hold my interest in the same way, but then I suspect the fact that I no longer believe I could become a vampire has influenced that.

Along with the realism of Buffy, without which my life would be 0

Oh dear, another Buffy addict? :)

I recently watched every single episode, to the end of season 6, over a period of a few weeks. No, I have no life and yes, I would do it again.

Now waiting patiently (Well, except the withdrawal symptoms) for season 7 to fall into my waiting lap - can't wait to see Spike with a soul! :wub:

Then I can re-start Angel, maybe finish the X-Files off and also do Enterpirse from the start.

Must have buffffyyyyy! :blink:

Oh dear, another Buffy addict? :)

I recently watched every single episode, to the end of season 6, over a period of a few weeks. No, I have no life and yes, I would do it again.

Now waiting patiently (Well, except the withdrawal symptoms) for season 7 to fall into my waiting lap - can't wait to see Spike with a soul! :wub:

Then I can re-start Angel, maybe finish the X-Files off and also do Enterpirse from the start.

Must have buffffyyyyy! :blink:
Hunny, you REALLY REALLY need to get out of the house ;)

Arfie

Favourite authors are Terry Pratchett (consistently makes me laugh and have every book, which I've re-read so many times - do it Arfie! You won't regret it hun)

My wife LOVES Terry Pratchett books (she has a few DVD's aswell, not my cup of tea but Im funny about what books I read.....I only read facual books, then i can read it abnd go "wow....thats amazing that actually happened" but thats just me, Jude sits giggling away when reading her Terry Pratchett books though. She reads the bits to me that she is laughing at and frankly I dont find them funny but they make her laugh so much its nice to see someone enjoying a book so much that they laugh out loud.

Im more of a boring 'true crime' buff, I like tyhe psychology side of the serial killer books, not in any morbid sense, I find it more interesting to learn what makes people do what they do and what aspects of their life influenced such extreme behaviour. People that look at my book colection must think Im some kind of weirdo but since giving up smoking Ive read alot more.

The last 2 books i read were 'The Ferris Conspiracy' about glasgow gangster Paul Ferris and 'The Last Godfather' about another nortoriouse Glasgow crime figure Arthur Thompson.

too many to pick a true favourite but the Pern/dragon series and the Talent series by Anne Mccaffrey are among them. other favourite authors ;Christian Jacqs and E.V. Thompson.

At the moment, it's gotta be the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind...fantastic books. I'm just getting into Sci-fi and fantasy at the moment but I love them!

Also love Terry Pratchett (hilarious books!) and anything which includes detectives and blood! :D

mine's dan brown digital fortress, but i am reading stephen leather the chinaman brilliant so far :D

I am one of those people that uses a library card :D you can get 12 books from our library at anyone time and renew online too...heaven

Fox in sox DR S

All of the Laura Ingles Wilder series - NOT the crappy TV stuff

Gerald durell - (and some lawrence Durrel Bitter lemons is great book)

Arthur C Clark

Robert Heinlien (cant spell :*) )

Stephen King The Stand...

So many books so little time :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back