Favourite 60's, 70's and 80's Christmas songs?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have to reach back to 1942 when Bing Crosby released White Christmas. Ironically the song was written by a Jewish guy by the name Irving Berlin.

Starting this thread in September was a bit weird to be honest, but now that we are in December, my Xmas lights are up, the tree is up and it'll be here before we know it.

Top Xmas songs from 60s, 70s and 80s, here are a few:-

Phil Spector's Christmas album is obviously a classic, but then you've also got the likes of I wish it could be Christmas every day by Wizzard, Merry Christmas everybody by Slade, In Dulci Jubilo by Mike Oldfield, Do they know it's Christmas by Band Aid, Last Christmas by Wham, Fairytale of New York by the Pogues (Shane RIP). Too many to mention to be honest, but all very nostalgic, and evocative of Christmas as a child for me (born 1973).

Just from curiosity - I am not far north of the US border, and there's a station there that starts playing Christmas songs after their Thanksgiving, 24/7 until the New Year. My wife likes it, although generally and thankfully with earbuds in.

Do you have any horror like this in Australia or the UK?

Just from curiosity - I am not far north of the US border, and there's a station there that starts playing Christmas songs after their Thanksgiving, 24/7 until the New Year. My wife likes it, although generally and thankfully with earbuds in.

Do you have any horror like this in Australia or the UK?
Uh no. Channels sometimes do play Christmas songs over rock music.

Most reactions

Back