Favorite quotes or sayings

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

This is my own saying and has been fo many years. I modified some years ago, I changed the word "man" to "person."

What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.

So is this one which was something my mother taught me at a very early age (mine not hers). I created the saying as a result of my experience with cheap aquarium equipment which tends to fail.

"In the long run
, the cheapest solution is usually the one which costs the most up front."

Nancy Astor....."Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I would poison your tea"
Churchill to Nancy Astor....."And if you were my wife...I would drink it!"

Churchill....to Nancy Astor "It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary"

Churchil to Nancy Astor....."You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Churchill was discussing the fact that having a woman (Nancy Astor) in Parliament was an intrusion as if she had walked in on him in the bathroom
Her response...."Sir, you are not handsome enough to have such fears"

“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined” — from the Ode to the Horse by Ronald Duncan, created for Horse of the Year Show

“The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom.”– Sharon Ralls Lemon

“No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses.” Herman Melville

“Whoever said a horse was dumb, was dumb.” Will Rogers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back