Faulty Lighting Unit - Help Required

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I seem to be having trouble with the lights on my Fluval Roma 200 tank. One side of the unit won't at all (or very rarely) start the bulb up. I've tried the bulb in the other side (which is fine) and it starts it up no problem. 

Is the starter gone? If so how easy is it to replace and how would I go about it.

Thanks in advance for your input,

James.

If your lighting unit has starters they are usually a white or green cylindrical item about 3/4" x 1.75" that you twist anticlockwise and pull to remove them. You should have 2 if only one tube is affected, try changing them over and see what happens. If you have an electronic unit they won't have starters so it means you will have to replace the unit. You also may just have a loose connection in the wiring.

dave840f1 said:
If your lighting unit has starters they are usually a white or green cylindrical item about 3/4" x 1.75" that you twist anticlockwise and pull to remove them. You should have 2 if only one tube is affected, try changing them over and see what happens. If you have an electronic unit they won't have starters so it means you will have to replace the unit. You also may just have a loose connection in the wiring.
Thanks for the response Dave,

I replaced the two starters for brand new one's. That wasn't the problem it turned out. Some of the casing which holds the starter has snapped off and now one of the wires is loose. I've managed to get it back working for the time being but I suspect this is something that will need sorting properly in the next few weeks.

Regards,

James.

The wires are normally just push in type and can come loose. If you can try soldering them in place.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back