Fat/discoloration betta dying?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TO KYO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
She got fat and lost her beautiful bright colors out of nowhere and now is sitting on the bottom

Attachments

• 9ECE1FDC-B7F2-4C2C-A42E-354C1B687AB8.jpeg
    9ECE1FDC-B7F2-4C2C-A42E-354C1B687AB8.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 135
  • EF669CA2-F311-4C0C-885B-996FE13376DF.jpeg
    EF669CA2-F311-4C0C-885B-996FE13376DF.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 137
If she bloated up (got fat) overnight, stopped moving about and doesn't eat, then she has an internal bacterial infection and you are probably better off euthanising her asap.

If she got fat over a week or two and she is still eating and swimming normally, then it could be eggs.

If she bloated up (got fat) overnight, stopped moving about and doesn't eat, then she has an internal bacterial infection and you are probably better off euthanising her asap.

If she got fat over a week or two and she is still eating and swimming normally, then it could be eggs.
She passed away in the early evening :/. I squished her stomach a little and white stuffs were coming out.. I’m guessing those were eggs :c

I squished her stomach a little and white stuffs were coming out.. I’m guessing those were eggs :c
That is rotting guts and bacteria. Eggs are small, round and yellow to orange in colour.

That is rotting guts and bacteria. Eggs are small, round and yellow to orange in colour.
What causes this? Is there a big chance that any other of my fishes might be infected as well?

She had an internal bacterial infection. It could have been caused by bad food or an internal infection.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean each day for a week and it should reduce the risk of other fish developing the same problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back