Farlowella Fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

RoyW

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a well planted 75 gallon community tank with a mating pair of Farlowellas. Unfortunately the fry do not survive in the tank. So I set up a 20 gallon fry tank and am having difficulty capturing the fry. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m doing. When the eggs start to hatch, I cover them with a breeding box. But most of the fry get on the glass and under the rim of the box. Any ideas on how to encourage them to go into the box? I have 6 from my first attempt and 4 from the second Successfully transferred to the fry tank.
7BDCEED9-B42C-4EEE-8C35-4BB9D9D65FBD.jpeg

BD6D6DB8-BAF6-44F1-BAED-EF2A685E1611.jpeg

You need driftwood, algae and biofilm in the tank for the babies. When you get eggs, don't clean the glass and let it go all slimy.

Have some driftwood in the tank and let it get covered in algae and biofilm.

Have some leaves in the bottom of the tank and the babies will chew on them too.

Main tank. Eggs on glass just right of center. Yes there is a Blackbeard algae problem and a little green spot algae. I added an algae scrubber recently and plan on starting to do top offs with RO after my well pipes are fixed.
86D9DAA6-3D93-4945-AA92-B4B63A763888.jpeg
Fry tank. Not sure why the plants turned brown after transplanting from main tank. Will have to try again. I feed the biofilm in the tank. Iā€™ve tried spinach, squash, and cucumber but have never noticed the fry interested.
DEA0230F-D233-427C-A5B8-0FA4E39888F8.jpeg
My problem is getting the fry from the main tank to the fry tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back