F15T8 6500k fluorescent bulb...very low price

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score

Byron

Reaction score
Is this an 18-inch tube? It does not give the length in the link, but 15w would normally be an 18-inch tube in T8.

They also do not give the manufacturer so there is no way to track this down; it may be available in other lengths too?

I've tried various T8 tubes over the years. Of those I can purchase locally, the Phillips and Sylvania tubes are good but only in the 4-foot length. For years I used a 6500K and a 5000K combo over my tanks with dual 4-foot T8 and at about 1/4 or 1/5 the cost of the high quality aquarium tubes, these were well worth it. But the shorter tubes were garbage as they were no where near a comparable output.

OP
Fishmanic

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Name of them is Eiko. They are
18 inch 15 watt t8 fluorescent bulbs. To me it seems to be a bright white daylight bulb

Byron

Reaction score
I tracked down their website, and this seems to be the tube.

https://www.eiko.com/ProductSearch/ProductDetail?partNumber=F15T8/D

From the specs, I would think this is good planted tank lighting.

This is a US company with offices (it says) in Canada and Europe, so I may see if I can find Canadian sources and try this tube if I do. All of my tanks are now smaller since my move in May, and take 24-inch tubes so finding good tubes at much less cost than the Life-Glo and ZooMed would save me a bundle.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Lighting is so expensive! I just use the light that came with the tank, or a Desk Clip light! :)

Stan510

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
They don't have the ability to make colors pop. They might be good if you also mix a gro lux type bulb alongside them. What grows plants well sometimes isn't worth the tradeoff to me,if I lose good color on the fish and plants. Its a visual hobby...looks ARE important.