External Heater Or Heater In External Filter?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Which heating method?

• Internal Heater Stat

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • External Heater Stat

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Heaterstat build into external filter?

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure how many of you utilise external heating equipment, but I'm wondering which is the better choice?

I've seen the Rena & Hydor models (I 'think' I prefer the hydor), and filters with heating rods built into the housing...

Are these gizmos worth it? Or are internsl heaters still currently better?

Cheers.

i use an internals (i voted without reading the post >.> oops) never used externals so i wouldn't know if they were better or not

Never used external heaters myself but have just recently been looking into them for my 20g, not sure how good they are but apperantly they'll slightly lower your filters water flow though.

HI,

I use Hydor ETH300's I have 3 now and they are amazing good. The calibration is spot on according to my thermometer. The internal diameter od the Hydor is the same as the internal diameter of the standard tetratec hoses so there is no reduction in flow from the filter.

Get the inline not the infilter type. I have two Hydors for years now and they are great. Only the old in tank Ebo-Jaegers are as reliable and they haven't been made in years. The inside of a filter is for filtration. A heater reduces the amount of usable space.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back