The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Which one from experience

• Total voters

paulbr1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 260L Jewel with big old internal which I want rid of, the internal currently has a 1500L pump plus I have a 1000L powerhead and a sand base (which moves alot!)

Both externals have around 1600L which will be fine for the tank but which one is the best overall including -

Noise
Sustained flow
Ease of cleaning

I can get the Fluval for < £140 and the Rena for < £110, what do you think.

Cheers,

Paul

I started with Fluval plus 4 internal filters on a 180ltr tank and have slowly upgraded to the 205, 305 and now the FX5 that`s running on my current 360ltr tank.

I can`t comment on the Rena filter however, the Rena heater has been much more reliable than the Fluval mirrored ones :angry:

Although I`ve only used the FX5 for a short time, I am really impressed with it so far. It`s very quiet, the water is unbelievably clear and the output is directional and strong enough to give the fish a nice current to swim against B-)

Hi
I run a Fluval FX5 on a 600ltr tank and cant praise it enough.

Water is crystal clear,Filter is real easy to clean ,start up is simple and it sits just behind were i sit in my lounge and you can barely hear it.

I also have a Fluval U4 in a 120ltr tank and am also impressed with that one.

FX5 would get my vote.

Cant comment on the other one
Regards
Sean

Hi, just had the measurements back from Fluval - and it wont fit in to the cabinet 37cm vs 32cm - pity I prefered the Fluval.

thanks for the info sean0151

Any other recomendations anyone?

fluval = devils work.

the rena would get my vote fluvals tend to break on me,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back