Expert Fish Keepers....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

yeah adding a new angel at any time is a bit risky, but the tanks a decent size so they can get a bit of space from each other.

leave it until you've had a death free month then add one.

try and match the size of the new angel to the existing one as if the existing one has grown up a bit and you add a juvi it may get picked on, if you match the size they should be able to stand up for themselves at least.

good trick if you do get aggression problems is to re-arrange the tank, this removes all the territories of all teh fish and puts them on a level playing field and often will resolve territorial squabbles :good:

I too don't quarantine my fish, but that is because a) I don't have the time, space or equipment to do it and b) None of my fish are worth more than a few pounds.

If you have expensive fish then it is essential, and if you have fish that are very valuable to you then you have to think about whether it's worth the risk of losing them in a worst case scenario. If not then quarantine.

Thinking about it the last time my fish had a disease was last year when I had an outbreak of Intestinal worms that killed all my adult guppies, but stangely my babies were not affected. And thinking about it again, that was the only disease in 3 years of fishkeeping!

i've been known to have probs with ick..... :blush: I don't do quarantine because mom & dad r getting sick with the fish thing lol :blink: .

Most reactions

Back