Experience Of 3d Backgrounds

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Liz xty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Considering the internal 3D backgrounds for my new tank.
Whether I make them myself or buy them, I'm not sure, BUT I'm concerned about their cleanability!
What is your experiences of keeping them clean? If they're siliconed to the glass, then taking them out to clean isn't possible and the textured surfaces will be awkward to clean institu?

Just good maintenance should be enough. :)

I had a really expensive Back to nature one for a 4ft tank. It was great, but you have to be careful cleaning them as using a coarse pad eventual;ly takes the detailed surface away, and it can look a little flat.

I am interested in this too as I am considering getting one from aqua maniacs. These are resin backgrounds and don't have to be siliconed to the tank as they are heavy enough to stay in place. They do come with netting for the sides so fish can't swim behind, but having the heater and intake behind there is a concern. Plus it'd be about £176 quid for my dimensions :/ but they look fab!

I have three juwel backgrounds and there a small bit of algae in a few places that the plec can't reach, but it all looks more natural
154184c298e7d0334ea8d63f47b30fd2_zps40d11f05.jpg

My back ground

Most reactions

Back